Friday, April 14, 2006

toybox in july...

Toybox - one of the brightest color families in the whole Simple Sweet line. I love this picture of Oaken, it just captures the hot summer feel - snackin' on a sno cone. I also like Toybox for this because of its patriotic feel.

I punched a bunch of stars from red Bazzill cardstock and red ginham paper (Simple Sweet Picnic). I selected matching buttons and brads and put the brad "legs" through the holes in the buttons to attach them to the page. I also used two Quickutz alphabets for the title. I also finger painted a border around the picture with white paint. This is one of my favorite techniques - I love the way the paint "breaks" on the picture paper giving it an instant distressed look.

2 comments:

Katrine said...

What an adorable page! It reminds you that summer is just around the corner.

justjohanna said...

it does look just like summer! i'm so ready for summer! unfortunately, there are still taxes between me & summer. sigh.