Wednesday, February 15, 2006

LOVE...


Do you ever find yourself saying something with deep meaning on accident? For me it usually invovles talking to my kids or trying to get them to do something. I found these really great gold letters from Restoration Hardware and wanted my kids to hold them and spell out LOVE for a picture - inspiration for a Valentines scrapbook page. It is against the odds and probably some rules of the universe to get cooperation from all four kids at the same time and so, my boy wasn't going to hold his letter. All manner of threats and punishments came to mind and one of my girls said, let's just do it without him. I then uttered one of the most true statements for our family: "We can't have LOVE, if we don't have everyone". I smiled to myself as the words still hung in the air - how true it is. We can't have the love we need in our home if we don't have everyone's participation. A little more prodding and coaxing and, well, here is the result. Hope your Valentines Day was full of love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome picture Joey! It turned out FANTASTIC!!! And man..you can definitely tell who these kids belong to! They all look like their Mama!!!! :-)

heidi larsen said...

cute! i can't believe how big your littlest is! her hair is so long! i am glad that oaken finally decided to participate.