Sunday, July 02, 2006

mud slide...

Gives a new meaning to mud slide. This picture was taken Saturday at Pineview for a half boating day. The beach we were by had this mini "cliff" and a natural slide area where the kids dumped water down and proceeded to slide. It is hard to tell, but it is steep and they went fast! Oaken had to get in on the fun and slid twice - what a daredevil!

There were also had a bunch of squirrels at the top of this beach area and Isabel and her friend spent a good hour trying to catch one in these little buckets - I love this shot because you can see two of them fairly close by. The girls never did catch one (I wasn't really that sad about it - can you say rabies?) but they still had a good time.

I have been working on our Stake's float for the Days of 47 parade on the 24th of July and it is so cool. You never really think about creating on that scale. My first project was creating some seals that say our stakes name and location - they are about 3 1/2 feet in diameter. The letters are 4 inches tall and had to be painted and glittered on the sides and top. My next project is the banner along the entire length of the float that says the title - I don't even know how to go about measuring and drawing something that is going to be about 24 feet long. The letters are about 12" x 6" and they are already done - that makes it easier. I must take some good pics of my individual projects and the float as we assemble it.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

that slide looks too fun