Monday, June 05, 2006

she did it...

Well, she did it! Isabel was baptised Saturday and it turned out to be a great day! I wasn't so sure starting out. I took my first DIGITAL step in designing her program with a free digital kit I downloaded from 2Peas In A Bucket. The kit was designed by Rhonna Farrer - such an incredibly talented person - I just love her style. The finished product wasn't too bad...if I do say so myself!

Thursday night, little Jilly got sick - throwing up and stuff. At first I thought it was just food poisoning since it came on so fast, but she did it some more at 2:00 in the morning. She was great when she woke up; back to her old self.

Friday night, we went to a movie (The Da Vinci Code) and Chloe babysat. With about 30 minutes left in the movie, she calls and informs me that Oaken just threw up all over the couch. Well, I left Scott and our friends (we drove!) and came home to help with the mess. Chloe did a great job of starting to clean it up...got Oaken in the bath. I ran back to the theater and picked everyone back up so - I still need to see the end of the movie! Later that night, Isabel gets sick! So, this is the second night I am up with sick kids and the day before the baptism.

Saturday morning - Chloe has to go downtown to a rehearsal for her Drama class at the Children's Theater. We are going to be right on time and low and behold, there is a marathon going. I cannot get to the street I need to. I drive around being blocked at every turn for a 1/2 hour! Getting very frustrated, need to get home to clean and plan, and I finally go way up and around and drop her off. Scott is home doing the back lawn for the BBQ later on and is feeling pretty bad - he is starting to get what the kids had. The baptism is going to be at 4:30 and we aren't doing very well.

Now it's an hour before the baptism and we are showering and dressing. I bought Isabel a darling dress 2 months before that has been hanging in the laundry room waiting for this glorious day. I take it down and off the hanger and give it to her. Scott comes to me and asks if she is supposed to wear this dress - Yes, that is what I bought it for! It still has the safety tag on it. Yes. The tamper proof or ink will get all over you and the garment tag is still on the dress. She has been waiting to wear this dress for 2 months. I have HAD it. I quickly get dressed and made-up and rush (not easily done in my new high heeled shoes that go with my dress) to Sears to get them to take off the tag that they should have removed originally. I make it back in just enough time for her to put on the dress and leave for the Stake Center.

Was it a test? Even if it wasn't, I was tested. It makes me wonder what she will do in her life. What role will she play in the future if she lives righteoussly and stays close to her Father in Heaven. What could it be to have Satan working so hard against us and trying to get us down. Self doubt and frustrating circumstances seem to be a fast downer for me. But, I was so proud. She was in the zone - she does that in times where concentration is key. She knew exactly what she was doing and why and it made everything else just go away!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh.my.goodness! WOW! I would say yes that was truly a test! Sounds like Satan was trying really hard to cause much contention and distractions so that your sweet Isabel would not be baptized! It is scary how powerful the adversary is. Satan knows she is a strong spirit and will be a very strong member of The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints. I am so happy it all turned out and she is a new member! Hope your family is all feeling better now too! I hate it when the throw-ups get passed from one family member to the next! It feels as though it will never end.