Monday, January 14, 2008

week two...

Did you think I forgot already about the little album I'm making this year? Well, I haven't. I just didn't post the first page yet, because it will be an 'inspiration with joey' project on the Making Memories blog sometime this month. But - here's the 2nd week!






I'm getting excited about his project...I think it will be do-able and fun. I don't think it will be overwhelming - as long as I can keep up on the pages before hand, making a small reserve to select from each week. Using the Noteworthy Line from MM is perfect since it is so broad and non-specific. I desperately need to find more of it. Everywhere I go is sold out of the journaling pages and usually only has about half of the other papers. You'd think since I live in the scrapbooking mecca of the U.S., I could find stuff easier!


It was Oaken's birthday on Friday - he is now 6 years old. It doesn't seem like he has been with us that long. It also reminds me of how old our car is getting...we bought it a month before he was born. Maybe it's time to start looking for a new one before this one starts falling apart.


He had a pirate party where 7 of his friends came. I was grateful to have Chloe, Isabel, and her friend Noelle here to help herd the stampede of 8 little boys through the house. It was a riot to see them during the treasure hunt running between levels of our house searching for the next clue. The stairs became a bottleneck as you can see.




Here are the clues I made up...giving the boys one to start with and having each lead to another place in the house. The treasure at the end was their goody bags. It turned out so cute!

Our quest will start at the base of this place,
where the outside meets inside, in a nice shady space.

Music a plenty can be heard from this room,
to find the next clue, go where instruments loom.

Up and away to the next level of fun,
to your hosts room a clue, but only just one.

Around and around will these clues make you go,
find the place where the sliding glass meets the snow.

This next clue will make you stop in your tracks,
these are the kind that sound “clickity-clack."

Here is a place where great vehicles stay,
Get there by going the back, hidden way.

Getting warm here is the name of the game,
watch out though and don’t get too close to the flame.

This is it, the very last clue in your quest,
find the treasure at the place moms and dads rest.

No comments: