Tuesday, May 29, 2007

a little inspiration...

It is amazing the places we can find inspiration. Sometimes it is something that we see for the first time, taking our breath away and imprinting itself on our minds. Most of the time, it is something we see everyday. Check out the Making Memories Blog for an example of what I am talking about. You'll find the example there is a copy - almost exactly of my inspiration, and that's okay. Sometimes just copying something gets the creative juices flowing enough to break out on the next layout.


I love unexpected inspirations and will have a monthly feature on the Making Memories blog showing some really basic and sometimes suprising examples of "when inspiration strikes".


Here is a picture of my studio in our new home.




I have had a dedicated craft room in our old house, used for painting, sewing, kid's crafting, and scrapbooking, but this space will be devoted to scrapbooking and memory keeping. And, I am going to call it my studio too - seems more official! It is smaller than the space I had but it is more central to our home. My old room was down in the basement and was on the cold side. This is the bonus room of our new house and just off of the kids' bedrooms. I'm excited to be in this space since I spend a lot of time there and to be among my kids too. I'll post more pictures as things (like the floor) are added. Plus, I need to figure out where I'm going to put this:



My MM Idol winnings! Making Memories is so incredibly generous I just don't know where I am going to put it all.

2 comments:

Jen Harrison said...

Wholly cow, lucky you. That is a lot of product. Congrats. I bet your loving your new space and can't wait to decorate!!

heidi larsen said...

if you are having problems as to where to put all of that product, i have a perfect space in my new scrapbook room. you don't have to thank me. i am always looking out for others! ha ha.....just let me know when i can come and pick it up!