Tuesday, May 23, 2006

the orange guppy rides again...


The Orange Guppy is the name of our boat. I don't have a good picture of it as it really that photogenic! It is a 1978 Birchcraft in a beautiful burnt orange complete with stylish pin striping (actually just a few run-ins with the dock). It isn't pretty but it runs and we just got back from Sand Hollow where we enjoyed 3 very hot days boating and playing in the sand.

We met some new friends, Cindy and Dave Allred, and hit it off with them. They brought 4 wheelers since there are some great sand dunes right off the lake. We could beach the boat and literally walk 20 feet to the 4 wheelers and head off to the dunes. It was my first time on 4 wheelers although I have driven motorcycles, scooters, and snowmobiles before - not a big stretch. I also have to drive my own, I hate trying to hang on when someone else is at the helm. It was fun! Such a feeling driving through that soft sand and a huge contrast to the cool water I had just come from. I was moving along great, driving with a couple of our friends; Anthony and Jake, and I CRASHED!! I came up over a dune (I had checked it out before) and instead of a rolling hill or a slight drop off, it was hollowed out. I basically did a nose dive. Mid air, I think I realized that it wasn't going to happen and I rolled off to one side. I did a flip and landed on my lower back - I was most worried about the vehicle rolling on me so I tried to get away from it. Anthony saw everything and came running over to make sure I was okay. I later had to ask him what happened, it was just a fluke thing, he did say it was impressive. Well, at least I did it with style!

This next picture is for my Atlanta CKU Albums group. I wanted to share a few examples of what we will be doing - been reading a lot of posts on the lack of examples so; here ya go! I will post more later - can't seem to get more photos to upload.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joey, I can't wait to take your class in Atlanta!! Thanks so much for being a part of the yahoo group!!