Monday, May 15, 2006

can you see the love...


This fine piece of concrete, shells, and colored glass - was a beautiful Mother's Day present from my oldest girls. A stepping stone that they made - from scratch, and meticulously placed the shells and glass in ornate designs. Can you see the love? They spelled love in shells - this also, I feel, pertains to the love it took for them to create it!

This plant with some darling little blossoms (if I do say so myself) is what my MIL got. This was such a breeze and turned out so cute too.

These are also the Mother's Day cards we gave using Simple Sweet Juicy. I love Mother's Day - not just because I am a mother, but because it causes me to reflect on my own upbringing and what I want to teach my own kids. Sometimes we can feel a little guilt from what we THINK we should be like, but I think we tend to put too much pressure on ourselves. When it comes down to it, all our kids really want is to know we love them and a little of our time. Thanks to my mom, for being my friend but for also being my mom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous cards - love those colours!
Emailing you soon! ;)

Anonymous said...

I love the cards and I really love the basic grey page. You are so talented. How did CKU go? Are you ready for San Jose? I think of you guys and all the fun you are having without me :( Have you heard from Totty lately? I can't find her e-mail address. I just wanted to say hi and to tell you how wonderful you are. I miss you!