Sunday, March 05, 2006

progress...

Do you remember the quote from The Sound of Music something like; "Whenever the Lord closes a door, somewhere he opens a window"? For some reason, it popped into my head when I took this picture of Jill. She is my youngest and last and I notice her progress more than any of my other kids (probably because she is the last). She is opening and closing doors all around the house now and this picture is probably the third time she has done it. It caused me to reflect about as we learn things in life, we naturally progress to the next stage. Jill will never again be stuck behind a door (unless it is locked) because she has learned how to get out. She loves practicing her new found trick but it makes me a little sad - she is progressing out of the baby stage and into toddlerhood. Now it is time for me to do a little childproofing and put the kid-proof door handles on - I don't want her to escape out the front door.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable picture! HOLY CRUD...can't believe how old she is. The time definitely flies by. Seems like she was JUST BORN!

Heather M. said...

Awwwww, what a CUTIE PIE!