Thursday, February 05, 2009

what was i thinking...

Okay, so in an effort to get healthy and save a few bucks, I decided to no longer buy cans (sometimes cases) of diet pepsi and other tasty, non sugar, caffienated drinks for my house. I don't really know what possessed me at the time, but the decision is made and I'm stickin' to it. Righhht.

It's not a big deal. I didn't say I can't EVER have this; the drink of the gods, it's just no longer available for me to consume whenever the whim arises while I'm at home - which was way too often. Plus it's helping my kids get out of the habit too... right? They got it into their heads that if mommy can have one, so can they. Wrong.

I also heard somewhere that massive consumption of the stuff can cause your head to loose thoughts easily, forget appointments and small things like picking up the kids from school, putting on a bra, and in rare cases - short term memory loss. So, I've noticed I have trouble remembering how to spell sometimes and the more I look at the word in quesiton, the more it looks wrong. Maybe this is related, maybe not, but I'm trying to do something about it.

So, sometime soon that craving for the crisp, light, refreshing drink will diminish to the point where I no long miss having an open can within arms reach and I'll stop standing in front of my fridge with the door wide open, waiting for the diet coke fairy to visit and leave a little present in there. Man, am I pathetic or what? At least it's not crack.

1 comment:

Teresa Gamboa said...

Don't do it Joey. It is just a trick. They want you to drink the stuff. It is good for you. Walk back into the light and don't give up the dream of the drink....because if you do, others may have to follow your lead like..me. WE DON'T WANT THAT TO HAPPEN!!! Don't do it Joey..Go to the fridge and check again. I am sure there is one more can in there. Somewhere!